Last updated: February 23, 2021
Please read this Policy carefully before sharing information with us. By downloading and using our App, you agree to the terms of this Policy and our collection, use, and disclosure of information as described below. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Policy, you may choose not to download our App. Your use of our website is also subject to our Application Terms of Service.
The health-related information and resources in the App are for informational purposes only. None of the information received through the App should be considered a substitute for professional medical care. Nothing on the App is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment.
Please note DocSquad’s Notice of Privacy Practices governs how DocSquad may use and disclose any Protected Health Information (PHI) received through the App. To read more about our privacy practices regarding health and medical information under the Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) please refer to your plan materials.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies you or can be used to contact you or your family members. The types of personal information we may collect include (but are not limited to) the following categories:
- Contact and registration information – first name, last name, email address, physical address, billing address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, user ID, password, and (if applicable) the names and ages of your immediate family members.
- Transactional information – details about transactions you have engaged using the app, health plan and coverage details (for example, deductible and out-of-pocket maximum payment amounts), payment and reimbursement information, transaction histories, and health visit, treatment, provider, and procedure information.
- Geolocation information – details regarding your device location to enable “find a doctor,” “find a pharmacy,” and similar technologies through the App.
- Device and usage information – details regarding how and when you use our App, including the device used to connect to the App, your IP address, your device identifier, mobile network information, device’s telephone number, browser type, the frequency and duration of your usage, the information viewed and functionality engaged with on the App, searches performed on the App, and other similar information about your interaction with the App.
- Marketing information – details regarding informational and promotional materials you may have requested or received from us, health plans and products in which you are interested, your receipt of promotional communications, and information on your marketing or communication preferences.
- Communications information – copies of communications and inquiries you have submitted to us through the features available on the App.
We collect this information from you when you use the App, fill out forms or provide information requested in the App, request and receive promotional communications and information from us, or communicate with us through features on the App. We may aggregate, deidentify, or anonymize personal information so that it is no longer capable of identifying you. In that event, the information ceases to be “personal information” under this Policy and we may use the information for any purpose.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Like most websites, we use various technologies to automatically collect information about you, including the following:
- Log files and device identifiers. We use log files to track actions occurring on the App and collect data including your device ID, IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, and date/time stamps. We may use these identifiers to collect information about the length of time spent on our App or the specific areas visited.
- Beacons and other technologies. Our App may use other tracking tools, including web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs), which are small electronic images embedded in content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership.
- Analytics. Our App may also use third-party analytics vendors to improve the performance
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on website visits. We may share information about your use of our website with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the App, its contents, and functionality, and process any transactions, registrations, or requests submitted through the App;
- To suggests doctors and pharmacies near your location;
- To provide you with information you have requested, communicate with you, or send notifications relating to your health plans and use of the App;
- To register you to receive promotional and informational communications from us and provide you with such communications;
- To optimize your experience on our App and ensure that the App is presented to you in the most effective manner;
- To administer surveys;
- To run marketing and advertising campaigns, including digital advertisement retargeting;
- To prevent or detect hacking activities, security breaches, fraud, or safety risks in connection with our App, as well as to provide customer service and support for the App;
- To notify you about changes relating to our App, including material changes to this Policy; and
- To perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or to which you otherwise consent.
For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When the information we collect about you is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share your information with the following types of entities:
- Service providers and third-party vendors that we use to support our business, including companies that perform work necessary for us to provide services and the App to you, process transactions through the App, or that assist us in improving our business operations and services. For example, we may share your information with service providers that assist us with administering and processing payments, print and ship ID cards, or provide certain app functionality.
- Our marketing and advertising vendors that may assist with lead generation, hosting information relating to clients and potential clients, marketing automation, advertisement placement and targeting, and marketing campaigns and communications.
- Analytics vendors in order to understand our Application traffic and usage patterns, optimize our website, and identify potential new clients.
- Buyers or other successors prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred.
- Other parties for any purpose we disclose at the time you provide the information.
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our App may contain links to third-party websites. These websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. While we make efforts to choose the links on our website carefully, we cannot take responsibility for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take our responsibility to protect your information very seriously. DocSquad stores information using reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards. Please be aware that the software, hardware, and networks relied on by our App may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security beyond DocSquad’s control. DocSquad is not responsible for the acts and omissions of any third parties.
DocSquad cannot guarantee the security of the information on and sent from our websites. No transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of DocSquad to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, DocSquad cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
Please note that we do not alter our App’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your device.
DocSquad is headquartered in the United States and any information you provide to us will reside on servers in the United States. To the extent your information was collected outside the United States, it may be necessary to transfer your information to the United States for processing in order to provide you with requested products. You understand and consent that information you provide may be transferred to and processed in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be the same as the data protection laws in other countries.
DocSquad will retain information long enough to achieve the specified objective for which the data was collected, and as required for federal or state legal requirements.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. We will post changes here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this App after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. We encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact at:
ATTN: Legal Department
219 N 2nd St., Suite 401
Minneapolis, MN 55401